Polymer Fluids Group
Community home page
The Polymer Fluids Group, led by Professor Malcolm Mackley, conducts research on the flow behaviour of materials. The key research areas of the group include:
- The rheological behaviour and processing of polymers, including flow instabilities, crystallisation and two-phase flow.
- The processing of novel filled polymer systems, such as the rheological behaviour of carbon nano tubes in polymer matrices.
- The development of the MultiPass Rheometer, a unique twin barrelled piston rheometer developed by Professor Mackley.
- The rheology of chocolate and its processing by cold extrusion.
- The development of oscillatory flow mixing for chemical reactions. In particular its use to prepare biofuels.
- Innovative polymer processing techniques, including foaming and the development of microcapillary films.
The group has generated a wide range of scientific images and video sequences, which can be accessed from here.